Health practitioners have continually reiterated the importance of exercise to the human system. Both the bodily and mental exercises have proven to be an indispensable part of the human body well being.
Physical exercise helps to maintain the proper functioning of the human body system. It regulates the flow of blood, burns out fat and eliminates stress and fatigue from the body. In the same vein, mental exercise has been credited for its ability to boost our level of alertness, memory, and reasoning.
It is good for us to go through schools and learn several brain tasking activities that improve our quantitative and qualitative reasoning. However, there is a need for us to maintain some level of brain tasking activities even after school.
Some school of thoughts has revealed that the moment a person stops mental development, the brain begins to degenerate. There are several brain teasers that have been developed in the form of games, puzzles, and riddles to assist in testing and boosting the smartness of our brains.
However, with the advent of globalization and social media, several people spend more hours on the internet browsing and chatting while others spend ample time watching the television daily.
Studies have shown that physical exercise has the potential of increasing our memory capacity while reducing our chances of inflammations and promoting insulin resistance. However, brain exercise has been considered as the best form of exercise. This is because of mental exercise;
· Increases our total cognitive ability
· Improves memory capacity and alertness
· Increases the brain processing speed
According to Michael Merzenich, “the brain – Every brain is considered a work in progress. It remains in plastic form from birth to death, which continuously remodels and improves or decline, depending on the level of usage”.
1. FIND THE MISSING NUMBER/WORD
2. IDENTIFY THE MISSING NUMBER FROM THE FOLLOWING GRIDS
3. HOW MANY WORDS CAN BE FORM OUT OF THE WORD RIDDLE PLUS AN ADDITIONAL LETTER?
For instance, “Drilled” which is formed from riddle plus the letter “l”
4. FROM THESE SET OF NUMBERS, WHAT NUMBER IS MISSING?
2, 4, 16, _____
5. RE-ARRANGE THE FOLLOWING LETTERS TO REVEAL THE SURNAME OF A POPULAR ARTISAN
D N E R B A M R T
A C I S O S P
E M N O T
A G N E O L L I M H C E
H L A R P A E
If you didn’t achieve an accurate result, It’s best you keep practicing every day. Challenging your mental health is like everything else. And the more you do it, the better you get it
(1) The error is not in the number series. It is in the misspelling of the word ‘MITSAKE’. The correct answer is ‘MISTAKE’.
(2) The missing number in the grid is 4. The figure of horizontal and vertical lines in the grid are multiplied to find the answer. 3 × 3 = 9, 1 × 1 = 1 and 2 × 2 = 4 – the missing figure.
(3) There’s practically no point in answering this riddle. The informal count of the number of potential words that can be deduced from the letters of the word riddle is 13. They include: Riddler, Girdled, Tiddler, Fiddler, Drilled, Riddles, Dreidel, Riddler, Middler, Diddler, Griddle, Bridled and Piddler.
(4) The correct answer is 256 – the square of 16! Simple
(5) The answers are Raphael, Monet, Picasso, and Michelangelo.
Making plans to boost the brain every day can really motivate your mental health and in return, make you healthier, sharper and even smarter. It’s good to know that Intelligence is not fixed nor is it destined to deteriorate.
With all of these and more! You’ll be walking towards being a genius.
"munch (Feelin' U)" is the breakout single by Bronx rapper Ice spice. Delivered in August…